Friday, March 27, 2009

Issues Paper Reflection: for Thursday, April 2

Please remember to find a main focus for your reflection (see PH Ch. 7) and to write a reflection that will be useful to you. For this reflection, your goal should be both to explore audience implications and to reflect on the writing process.

In one paragraph, answer the following question:
What student/national journal or conference did I choose that I could submit my issues paper to? What makes my paper appropriate for this journal and what in my issues paper makes it adapted to this particular audience? Would my issues paper be both accessible and interesting to a general academic audience?

In a second paragraph, address some of the following (or related questions) as you see fit, exploring what particularly helps you reflect on the writing process and that you may be able to apply to your writing in the future:
• What did I learn about writing through the issues paper? How can I apply this to my writing in the future?
• What parts of the writing process were effective and what parts were less so?
• What areas of writing do I still need to strengthen?
• In what areas did my writing improve through the drafting process?
• What did I learn about creating ethical, pathetic, and logical appeals through writing?
• Why was kairos important for my paper?
• What did I learn about voice and/or style?
• Am I pleased with the results of my issues paper? Why or why not?

Types of comments to put on each other's posts: evaluate their choice of journal/conference and give another suggestion of something else they could submit to as well; write about some part of the process that you had a similar experience on; make a connection to something else reading their post made you think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment