Thursday, January 29, 2009

Opinion Editorial Reflection: for February 3, 2009

Rather than having you turn in the opinion editorial reflection as a hard copy with your paper, you'll post it online. Reflections on the writing process are much more useful if shared.

Write a one to two paragraph reflection. Please remember to find a main focus for your reflection (see PH Ch. 7) and then to weave in the answers to some of these questions. (I do not expect--or even recommend--trying to answer all of these questions; these are ideas that can help you write a reflection that will be valuable to your learning and to the learning of your peers.)

  • What did I learn about writing through the opinion editorial? How can I apply this to my writing in the future?
  • What parts of the writing process were effective and what parts were less so?
  • What areas of writing do I still need to strengthen?
  • In what areas did my writing improve through the drafting process?
  • What did I learn about using the rhetorical situation in writing, and how can I apply the rhetorical situation to writing papers for my major?
  • What did I learn about ethos, pathos, and logos through writing the opinion editorial?
  • Why was kairos important for my paper?
  • What did I learn about voice and/or style?
  • Am I pleased with the results of my opinion editorial? Why or why not?
  • Was my topic a good, strong topic that I was engaged with throughout the writing process?

Label to put on the post: oe reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment